Helpful Information & Getting Started
- Students should arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast should be eaten at home.
- Morning and afternoon snacks are provided with either milk or apple juice to drink.
- A hot lunch is available for students to purchase.
- Preschool students are not required to wear a school uniform.
- Preschool has P.E. each week with the school P.E. teacher for 30 minutes.
- Preschool has music class with the school music teacher each week for 30 minutes.
- Preschool attends the school Mass each Friday at 8:00 a.m. and makes periodic visits to the Adoration Chapel.
Please send your child to school in comfortable clothes. Small children play and sit on the floor, so shorts or pants are very appropriate for Pre-School students. If your daughter wears a dress to school please have hear wear shorts/spandex under the dress.
Please do not send your child to school in Sunday dress clothing. Painting is a part of the curriculum and may get on the children's clothing. Please no flip flops or sandals. For safety reasons, it is necessary for children to wear shoes and socks.
The only jewelry that may be worn is one stud/post earring, per ear (on girls only). For safety purposes no other jewelry may be worn.
We do not allow toys from home to school. When a special toy is broken or lost at school the child has a hard time dealing with the situation. However, there will be "special days" when everyone may bring a toy to school. The parent will be notified ahead of time when these days occur.
If your child is beginning preschool at MHT, please be sure to download our supply list to ensure that you have everything you need to get started.
"Our educational work should go this way to achieve harmony - harmony in all the boys and girls who have been entrusted to us; inner harmony, the harmony of their personality. It is by working in a hands-on way, imitating God, molding the lives of those kids like clay, that we achieve harmony and rescue them from the dissonances perennial darkness. Harmony, by contrast, is bright and clear; it is light. What we have to achieve is the harmony of a heart that grows and that we accompany in this educational journey."
~ Pope Francis (then, Cardinal Bergoglio – April 18, 2012)